Chicken salad or Larp Gai, which is originally from Chiangmai, north of Thailand. It is famous for its chicken, any meats can be used instead of chicken.
This recipe would be too spicy for some people as I use bird's eye chillies. They are small, but very hot. I usually eat with sticky rice to conquer the spiciness.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 lemon grass stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh bird's eyes chilies, finely chopped
- 4 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 tbs. roasted ground rice
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs. fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint sprigs
- 2 tbs. canola oil
1. Heat the pan, add canola oil, then add chicken.
2. Stir chicken over medium heat until it cook through.
3. Lower the heat, add all ingredients except green onion, cilantro and mint. Mix well.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, add the rest.