I had no idea I could make this sugar work before taking the class. It seemed too complicate and lot of work for me. I was so frustrated doing it at the beginning, but more comfortable after the third one.
- 3 lbs. AA sugar
- 1 lb. 8 oz. distilled water
- 3 lbs. isomalt
- 10 oz. glucose
- 2-4 drops acid (tartaric)
- color as neccessary
1. Soaking sugar and water at least 10 hours.
2. Whisk sugar, water and isomalt together on low heat for 10 minutes. Skim and brush down the side of the pot before the boiling point.
3. Add glucose and acid after boiling.
4. Add color at 280 degree F, continue to boil until 320 degree F. Remove from the heat and shock in the ice-bath for 30 seconds.
5. Dry the bottom of the pot, pour over marble that has been oiling.
6. Start flipping the sugar inward from the outside while cleaning the oil from the marble.
7. Walk the sugar around the cool area to cool it down.
8. Roll the sugar into a log, start pulling and twisting until reach the right color (the longer you pull, the lighter the color will become).
9. Cut into pieces, wrap with plasstic individually.
DMBLGIT : AnnouncementRound-up @ Gallary
Winners @ March 2008