Scones are easy and quick to make. Whenever I feel like having somethings with a cup of coffee that make no time to prepare and bake, these scones are my choice. I bake them at a higher temperature than normal so that they get a nice crust and color.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ts. baking powder
- 1/4 ts. baking soda
- 1/2 ts. salt
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup candied orange
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. milk
1. Preheat the over to 400 degree F.
2. Combine all dries ingredients together in a food processor.
3. Add butter, pulse briefly until the mixture forms large crumbs.
4. Add dries fruits, then buttermilk. Pulse until the dough forms into a ball.
5. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead gently for 4-5 times.
6. Pat the dough into a circle with 1 1/2" thick. Cut into 8 pieces and chill for 20 minutes.
7. Brush the top with egg and milk mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes.