These brioches contain 20% butter to flour. They are still rich, but are firmer and less buttery. I add chocolate chips, raisins and a pinch of saffron to give them the sweet aromatic flavor.
- 1/2 ts. active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk, luck warm (90-100 degree F)
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsaulted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- pinch of saffron
- 1 egg for egg wash
1. Preheat the over to 375 degree F. Grease 12 muffin tins.
2. Combine yeast and milk, leave for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of flour and beat until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs, sugar and salt, then add the remaining flour and mix until take-up.
4. Cover the dough with plasstic wrap, ferment for 45 minutes.
5. Beat in butter, chocolate chips, raisins and saffron.
6. Fill the mold half way, proof for 20 minutes.
7. Brush each brioche with the beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cool in molds for 5 minutes, then transfer to cool on a rack.