This recipe is from one of my cookbook's collection "Chocolate Desserts" by Pierre Herme. I don't often buy cookbooks although I love cooking and baking. Cookbooks are expensive. I have to make sure that they really give me some skills and techniques.
1- 3.5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 cup almond powder
- 4.5 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs. tepid water
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs. all-purpose flour, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boil, then let it cool to the touch.
3. whip eggs, sugar and almond powder together on medium-high speed until the mixture is le, scrape down the sides as necessary.
4. Reduce the speed to medium, add the butter in 4-5 chunks. Beat just until it is incorporated.
5. Add the water, beat until the mixture is homogenous.
6. Fold in the flour.
7. Spoon the batter into the molds, bake for 15-18 minutes or until they feel springy. Let them cool in the molds for 3 minutes before unmold them.