make for 2 servings (4 7/8" x 1 7/8" fluted tube pans)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 ts. baking powder
- 1/4 ts. baking soda
- 1/8 ts. salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ts. lemon zest
- 1/2 ts. lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tb. milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tb. water
- 2 ts. corn syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and spray the pans.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until smooth, then add egg, extract and zest.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, blend until just combined.
5. Divide between the pans and add raspberry into the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove from the pans and let it cool completely.
7. Make Italian meringue with egg whites, sugar, water and corn syrup.
8. Fill the pastry bag with Italian meringue, pipe around the cake from the bottom to the top. Pipe one rose and place on the top of the cake.
9. Brown the edges lightly with a blowtorch.