As Helen of tartelette is hosting the monthly event SHF that created by Jennifer of The Domestic Goddess this month, I'm really excited to join her my dessert. She is already posted 2 desserts for citrus theme. I'll have to check back often as she said there will be more to come.
I wanted to make something creamy, but light enough to serve after lunch. Sabayon sauce with fresh fruits should do the job.Ingredients:
Orange Sabayon Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tb. orange liqueur
Biscuit Tuile Cup
- 2 oz. bread flour
- 2 oz. powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz. egg whites, room temperature
- 1 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 ts. vanilla extract
for the sabayon
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar on the bain-marie until foamy.
2. Gradually pour in the orange juice, continue whisking until the sauce becomes very pale, thick and light.
3. Whisk in the liqueur. Spoon into a tuile cup and place fresh fruits over.
for the tuile
1. Blend together flour, sugar and salt.
2. Add egg whites and blend until smooth.
3. Blend in butter.
4. Spread the batter on silpat using spatula.
5. Bake @ 375 degree F for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Shape while still warm.
SHF #43 @ Announcement
Round-up @ part I, part II