Here I am back at home, thinking about food all the time. I wonder if it would be better to work so that I can burn my calories faster. Never mind, I love to eat anyway. The way that works for me is cut down the portion if I want to have a dessert, or no main course--just dessert. I always go with the second choice though.
As a sweet tooth person, sticky rice mango was my lunch today. Mark had no choice because I'm a cook today. Good thing about him is he's never complained--whatever I cook, he eats it all.
I used the rice cooker to cook sticky rice as it's easier. Use steamer with cheesecloth in case you don't have a rice cooker. You might have to soak the sticky rice overnight and it will take at least 30 minutes to cook the rice.
- 1 ripe manila mango
- 1 cup Thai sticky rice aka sweet rice or glutinous rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 ts. salt
- toasted coconut & sesame for garnish
1. Rinse the rice, then place into a rice cooker with water.
2. Bring the coconut milk, sugar and salt to a boil. Reserve 2 tbs. for topping.
3. After the rice is done, pour the coconut milk mixture over and let it sit for 30 minutes.