Here's another inspiring dish from Thailand's trip, salmon tartar, which contains the same ingredients as this one Chicken Salad or Larb Gai. The preparation is a bit different as the fish doesn't need to be cook.
- 8 oz. fresh salmon, cut into small cubes
- 2 lime juice
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. hot ground chili
- 2 tbs. vegetable broth
- 1 lemon grass stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint sprigs, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. roasted ground rice
1. Bring lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, broth and chili to a boil.
2. Remove from the heat, add the rest of ingredients. Mix well.
3. Mix in salmon.