Making pudding doesn't seem to be difficult, but you really have to pay attention to the ratio, oven temperature and how long it should be baking. You don't want to end up with an eggy flavor or rubbery texture. According to my recipe, cut down the amount of green tea powder if you are not a fan of bitter flavor. I like it bold and bitter/sweet is my kind of dessert.1
make 2 servings
- 250 g milk
- 10 g green tea powder
- 20 g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g sugar
1. Bring milk and green tea powder to a boil, whisk in white chocolate.
2. Whip egg and yolk with sugar together in a bowl.
3. Gradually pour hot milk into egg mixture.
4. Strain the mixture into ramekins, cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in a water-bath at 300 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.