I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the cheesecake. However, I wanted to do the cheesecake for a new dessert at the restaurant I work for. I made three different recipes and three different techniques. Although all cheesecakes tasted fine and my co-workers liked them, they didn't get me excited enough to continue to put on the menu though.
- 200 g rhubarb
- 70 g sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 200 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 75 g white chocolate, melted
- 50 g sour cream
- 1 lemon zest.
- pinch of salt
- 40 g all purpose flour, sifted
1. Cook rhubarb, sugar and vanilla bean over medium heat until the rhubarb has softened. Remove from the heat, blend in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in cream cheese, melted chocolate, sour cream, zest and salt.
4. Fold in flour.
5. Whisk egg whites until firm, fold into the mixture.
6. Pour into 8"x8" baking pan and bake at 325 degrees F in a water bath for an hour or until just set.