At work, we serve egg chocolate along with hot chocolate, truffle, French macaroon and madeleine. These petits fours are tiny and cute together on the plate. Truffle and French macaroon take time to make, but madeleine is easy. Here's the recipe for the madeleine.
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 3 g salt
- 4 eggs
- 130 g sugar
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 5 g orange oil
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the over to 410 degrees F and sift all dry together.
2. Whip eggs and sugar in a mixer on high speed to ribbon stage.
3. Lower the speed to medium-low, add dry mixture. Mix until smooth.
4. Add zest, juice and oil, then melted butter.
5. Pour into a container, refrigerate overnight allows the cookies develop the bump on their backs.
6. Place into a piping bag with plain tip#3.
7. Pipe into prepared molds, bake at 410 degrees F for one minute.
8. Open the door slightly for 2 minutes.
9. Close the door and lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees F, continue baking for 3-4 minutes.
10. Unmold immediately.