The original one would be southern style fried chicken, but I want to bake them instead of fry them. For these chickens, you don't need any dipping. I like to have the drumstick ones with sticky rice and the breast ones over Caesar salad.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 cilantro stems and roots, chopped
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3-5 fresh Thai chilies
- 3 tbsp milk
1. Place all ingredients together in a food processor, except chickens. Mix until fine.
2. Marinate the chickens into the mixture.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, depending on the sizes.