One of the most popular street food in Thailand is deep fried bananas (klauy tod in Thai). These delicious snacks can be found on every street of Thai cities. I made deep fried bananas with different recipe long ago. The batter was a bit thicker than this one. I like this recipe better though.
- 4 bananas, cut each one in half, then cut into quarter lengthwise
- 115 g all purpose flour
- 5 g baking soda
- 2 g salt
- 40 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 g water
- 15 g shredded coconut
- 15 g white sesame seeds
- 500 g vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. Whisk egg and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
4. Whisk in dry ingredients, then water to make a thin batter.
5. Whisk in shredded coconut and sesame seeds.
6. Dip banana pieces in the batter, deep fry until golden brown.