or chuu chee pla in Thai...
I made this fish curry according to the one I loved to eat long ago before I started cooking. The original one was prepared by our nanny. I had an idea what ingredients she used, but I just never made it.
For some reason, I feel like I become a better cook. May be because I can recognize all the ingredients in the dishes that I've ate. That's a good sign.
- 1/2 lb. salmon fillet, cut in half
- 1 tbs. canola oil
- 1 tbs. red curry
- 1 tbs. tamarind juice
- 1 tbs. palm sugar
- 1/2 tbs. fish sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbs. roasted peanut, grinded
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 bird's eye chilies, sliced
- 1/2 cup stream mixed vegetables
1. Heat the oil over medium heat, add the curry and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add palm sugar, tamarind juice, fish sauce and vegetable broth. Stir well.
3. Add peanut, kaffir lime leaves and chilies. Stir to mix thoroughly, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over salmons,
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
6. Serve immediately over brown jasmine rice, accompanied with stream mixed vegetables.