Cooking tapioca can be tricky. Some need to soak in the water before cooking, some do not. It depends on what kind of the tapioca. This one doesn't need to be soak. I just add the tapioca into the boiling water and cook until it becomes transparent, then add sugar.
- 1/2 cup pandan tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup young coconut, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Lower the heat to medium, stir in pandan tapioca. Stir constantly until tapioca becomes transparent.
3. Stir in sugar and young coconut, mix until sugar is dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. Bring coconut milk and salt to a boil.
6. Spoon tapioca into a bowl and pour some coconut milk over the tapioca.