Although I enjoy having coffee with cream and sugar, my favorite coffee is with condensed milk. The flavor is richer. The more condensed milk you add, the sweeter you get. I'd recommend strong coffee or espresso if you want to try it out.
If I were living in Thailand, I would have coffee with sweet deep fried bread every morning. Since I live here, making this bread every day wouldn't be convinent. This bread is actually the same recipe as the previous post. I just add some sugar to make its sweet.
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 125 g water
- 3 g baking powder
- 2 g baking soda
- 3 g salt
- 30 g sugar
- 15 g vegetable oil
1. Mix together water, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. Mix in flour, then oil.
3. Knead by hand until the dough is smooth.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rests at room temperature for 3 hours.
5. Using rolling pin, roll the dough out into 1/4" thick.
6. Cut into 3" x 1/2" long strips, roll into smooth strips.
7. Twist each two strips together with some water.
8. Deep fry until it rises and has a golden color.