Khao Soy is one of the popular dish in Northern Thailand. It's a Burmese-influenced dish that can be made with varieties of curry. I used to made it with red curry, but yellow curry and masman curry are also good.
- 2 packs instant noodles or fried noodles
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. red chilies
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tbsp. pickled cabbage, sliced
1. Pour the coconut milk into a pot, bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Add the curry, chili paste, garlic and curry powder. Stir until blended.
3. Add chicken, sugar, red chilies, fish sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
4. Serve warm over cooked noodles, garnish with sliced shallot and pickled cabbage.