Some of my readers may get frustrated if I don't post this classic one. I used this recipe to make pate sucree as a pie crust. You can also use pate brisee or pate sablee, depend on how you like it. If you're confused what different between these doughs, check this blog out.
make 8 servings (9 inch pie dish)
- 100 g eggs (or 2 eggs)
- 160 g light brown sugar
- 5 g ground cinnamon
- 3 g ground ginger
- 1 g ground nutmeg
- 1 g ground cloves
- 3 g salt
- 400 g canned pumpkin puree
- 300 g coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Sift all dry ingredients, stir into the egg mixture.
4. Stir in pumpkin puree and coconut milk.
5. Pour into prepared pie crust.
6. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees, bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.