Using quick bread method, brown sugar and pumpkin puree make this bread stay moist. I add pine nut to give its some texture.
2 small loaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
1. Cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until fluffy.
2. Add egg and yolk, scrape down the sides.
3. Sift all dry ingredients, then add to the mixture.
4. Add the puree, then nuts.
5. Spoon the batter into greased pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out dry.