- 100 g sugar
- 100 g brioche crumbs
- 20 g chicory powder
for the poached pears
see poached pears
for the chiffon
1. Sift all dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
2. Whisk all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
4. Make French meringue to firm peaks.
5. Fold in 25% of meringue, to lighten the batter.
6. Fold in the rest of meringue.
7. Pour into ungreased 8" cake pan, lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
9. Let it cool in the pan, then unmold.
10.Using 3" diameter cookie cutter, cut chiffon into 4 circles.
for the chestnut cream
1. Cream the butter with chestnut paste in a mixer until smooth.
2. Place into a piping bag with spaghetti tip.
for the tuile
1. Cook glucose, isomalt and sugar to 300F.
2. Remove from heat, stir in brioche crumbs and chicory powder.
3. Spread over the silpat, let it cool completely at room temperature.
4. Break into small pieces, grind in a robot coupe.
5. Sprinkle the mixture over the silpat, make sure the layer is thick enough to hold its shape after baking at 350F for 3 minutes.