Many people have set their New Year's resolutions, but I'm not sure that I can call mine as a resolution. What I know is I want to continue my life in a healthy way. This may sound easy, but it's not that easy since what I do for a living is about pastry. I have to say that I'm addicted to sugar. I need something sweet at least once a day, otherwise, I get cranky. I'll have to watch my blood sugar and cholesterol levels though.
Anyway, I made this flat bread for lunch today to support Mark's diet goal. He's being extremely good on his diet. I'll have to catch him up soon. In this recipe, there is no sugar or butter, totally just flour, water and yeast. It's very easy to make. Once you roll it out, just spread the pesto sauce, pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes over, then bake it.
- 170 g all purpose flour
- 5 g active dry yeast
- 125 g water, luck warm
1. Dissolve the yeast with 50 g of luck warm water, let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour, salt, yeast mixture and the rest of the water into a food processor. Mix until the dough is form.
3. Place dough into a greased bowl,cover and proof until double in size.
4. When the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and knead it into a ball.
5. Roll it out into a thin rectangle shape.
6. Spread the pesto sauce, pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes on top.
7. Cover the top loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 3-5 minutes.