with Thai herbs...
Steaming is one of the best way to cook mussels. By adding lemongrass and kaffir lime, maximum flavor is retained.
- 1 lb fresh mussels, scrubbed and clean
- 1 lemongrass, cut into 1 inch long
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1. Place mussels in a large deep pan.
2. Add all ingredients, except cilantro and green onion. Mix well.
3. Cover the pan and steam the mussels over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and green onion.
5. Serve immediately.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)