I've posted some recipes for you to use up your leftover egg yolks. Here's the recipe for financier. If you've made macarons for quite some time, at some point you'll have enough almond flour that you sifted and discarded to make this buttery French cake.
- 100 g almond flour
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 2 g baking powder
- 2 g salt
- 150 g egg whites
- 150 g brown butter, melted (check out how to make brown butter by Allrecipestaff here)
- 30 g amaretto
- 2 pears, peeled and cut into small cubes
1. Using paddle attachment, mix all dry ingredients together in a mixer on low speed.
2. Slowly mix in egg whites, brown butter and amaretto.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Place the batter into a piping bag with plain tip.
5. Pipe into prepared molds, top with some cubed pears.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
7. Let cool in molds.