pistachio crème brûlée...
Crème brûlée is an easy recipe to use up leftover egg yolks. You can get creative with the classic version by adding flavor into the mixture, for example, coffee, green tea, jasmine, hazelnut, pistachio etc.
makes 6 (6 oz- ramekins)
- 1000 g heavy cream
- 12 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Bring cream to a boil.
3. Whisk yolks and sugar by hand until blended, then slowly pour hot cream into yolk mixture.
4. Whisk in vanilla and pistachio. Strain and divide into ramekins.
5. Bake in water bath for 30 minutes or until the custard is set, but still jiggly in the middle.
6. Remove the ramekins from the water bath.
7. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. Just before serving, sprinkle the tops with some sugar and caramelize with a blowtorch.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest