adapted from this recipe...
makes 1 (9-inch) round cake pan
- 170 g butter, unsalted
- 150 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g almond flour
- 30 g dried coconut flour
- 100 g sweetened coconut flakes
- 30 g cocoa powder, Dutch processed, sifted
- 10 g baking powder
- 3 g salt
- 60 g milk
- 3 g vanilla extract
- 40 g coconut rum
1. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully blended in.
3. Mix milk, vanilla and rum together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. Alternate add in dry ingredients and wet ingredients, end with dry ingredients. Beat until all ingredients just combined.
5. Spread into a greased cake pan and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes. Serve with toasted coconut.