Here's my sweet version with condensed milk and sugar...
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g egg
- 10 g condensed milk
- 5 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 125 g water
- 10 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g canola oil
1. Whisk together egg, condensed milk, sugar, salt and water in a small bowl.
2. Sift the flour into a big bowl. Make a well in the middle, add egg mixture. Use your hand to incorporate the mixture into a dough. Add butter and knead until the dough is soft and form into ball.
3. Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll into balls. Place into a bowl with canola oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Flatten each balls. Roll out by hand as thin as you can. You can also stretch the dough by slapping on the table.
5. Warm frying pan at high heat. Add in oil. Place in the roti and fry until light golden brown on both sides. Remove the roti from the pan, drizzle with condensed milk and sprinkle with sugar.
Here's my savory version with green curry chicken.