(Triple Chocolate Cookies, adapted from epicurious)
- 10 oz. 68% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder, Dutch-processed
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz. 68% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, soak in Kirsch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Sift all dry ingredients.
3. Cream the butter with brown sugar and sugar until light.
4. Add eggs, one at a time.
5. Add extract, then dry ingredients. Beat just until blended.
6. Fold in chopped chocolate and soaked dried cherries.
7. Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
8. Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out the dough.
9. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
Note : for the Lemon Poppy Seeds Scones, the recipe is also from epicurious.