ice cream sandwich...
I don't remember which recipe I used for the chocolate cake, but you can use any recipe you like for this sandwich. The ice cream texture is lighter than normal because I used more milk than cream.
for pumpkin ice cream
spiced infused milk:
- 500 g milk
- 2 sticks cinnamon, crushed
- 4 cloves, crushed
- 2 g nutmeg, grated
- 450 g spiced infused milk
- 100 g heavy cream
- 175 g sugar
- 70 g yolks
- 200 g pumpkin puree
for ice cream
1. Bring the milk and spices to a boil, cover and infuse for 15 minutes. Strain.
2. Combine milk and cream, then bring to a simmer.
3. Whisk yolks and sugar to blend, gradually whisk in hot milk mixture.
4. Return custard to saucepan, stir over low heat until it reaches 160 degrees.
5. Remove from heat, stir in pumpkin puree.
6. Cool the custard over an ice-bath.
1. Using cookie cutter, cut the chocolate cake to fit into the mold.
2. Place a disk of chocolate cake into prepared mold, pour pumpkin ice cream over, and place another disk of chocolate cake on top.