way to go!
Hot spicy pumpkin soup on a cold day. I like it thick and rich. :)
- 1 (15 oz.) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion,finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Cook onion in butter over medium heat until softened, add garlic and cook for one minute.
2. Add water, bouillon, pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Lower the heat and stir in the rest of ingredients.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
5. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Serve warm.