This biscuit is not too sweet and great with tea and coffee.
makes 24 (2" round)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Pulse together all dry ingredients in a food processor.
3. Add butter and pulse until it is cut into very tiny pieces, about 30 seconds.
4. Add walnuts and pulse to distribute evenly.
5. With the food processor running, pour the cream through the feed tube and process until the dough forms into a ball.
6. Knead the dough on the table briefly, then shape it into a sheet with 1" thick.
7. Use the round cutter, cut out the biscuits.
8. Coat the top of each biscuit with cream and sprinkle lightly with demerara sugar.
9. Bake them for 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of biscuit comes out clean.