My friend made a quiche and had some leftover dough in my fridge. Although I needed to watch what I eat, I really wanted to make it. I'm glad I did. This crust was a great base for my spinach quiche. It came out tender and flaky. Get the recipe for the crust here.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 100 g cottage cheese, low-fat
- 1 (9 inch) ready quiche crust
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add onion and saute until translucent. Then add spinach. Seasoning with pepper and salt. Cook until done.
2. Mix eggs, nutmeg and cottage cheese together in a bowl. Pour over spinach.
3. Sprinkle both cheese over bottom of crust, top with spinach mixture.
4. Bake at 375F for 50 minutes or until filling is set.