recipe from The Modern Cafe.
Shortbread cookies are one of the easy cookies to make. They are made with 4 ingredients, butter, sugar, flour and salt. With this basic batter, you can flavor it with vanilla bean, lemon zest, ground coffee, cardamom etc. The texture can also be changed by replacing some all-purpose flour with rice flour or corn flour. With rice flour, the texture will be slightly crunchy. With a melt in your mouth texture, use corn flour.
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 75 g rice flour
- 10 g salt
- 450 g butter, soften
- 225 g sugar
1. Sift all dry ingredients together.
2. Cream butter and sugar until just incorporated.
3. Add dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated.
4. Roll into 1.5" logs. Wrap with plastic and chill until firm.
5. Cut into 1/4" thick. Coat with sugar.
6. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the border.