orange cardamom buttermilk biscuits...
I had a big smile when someone told me these biscuits were the bomb! They are light, flakiness and flavorful. Making buttermilk biscuit isn't that hard, just make sure you don't overmix the dough. Having a warm biscuit fresh from the oven is such a special treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 orange zest
- 5 oz. (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup chilled buttermilk
1. Sift flour, baking powder, cardamom, sugar and salt together in a bowl, add zest.
2. Add butter, rub with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Using a fork, gradually stir in buttermilk. Mix until the mixture comes together.
4. Transfer to a table, gather dough into a ball and pat it out into 1/2" thick.
5. Using cooking cutter, cut the dough into 3" round. Brush each biscuit with cream.
6. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
Note: Sprinkle some sugar on top after brushing with cream, if you want them a little sweet.