One of my favorite dishes to cook when I am in need of spicy food. Normally, people use fish or seafood for this dish, but I only have turkey at home today. So here's my spicy turkey pad cha. :)
- 1/2 lb turkey, sliced
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- 6-10 dried red chili
- 1 stem lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 stems young green peppercorn
- 1/4 cup Thai krachai
- 2 cups green bean, cut into half inch long
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
1. Heat the oil over medium high heat, add chili paste, red curry, palm sugar, dried chili and lemongrass. Cook until fragrant, about a minutes or two.
2. Add turkey, onion, kaffir lime, peppercorn and krachai. Cook until meat almost done.
3. Add the rest of ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in basil at the last minute.