It's been a while since I posted any recipes here. I believe I mentioned before I have a new puppy, so I've been busy being a mom. I've actually been baking a lot, but just hadn't had time to post it.
Anyhow, here's the recipe for chocolate sable.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, dutch processed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Sift all dry ingredients together.
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until just combined.
3. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
4. Add the dry ingredients and lightly mix until just combined.
5. Shape the dough into a ball and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Roll out the dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter.
7. Place cookies an inch apart on silicone mat, and freeze for 15 minutes.
8. Bake them at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cookies set on the outside.
9. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.