gingerbread man wreath...
makes 2 (12 inch)
(adapted from Martha Stewart Living)
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups unsulfured molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
1. Sift all dry ingredients together.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and molasses.
4. Add dry ingredients, mix until combined.
5. Divide dough into half and wrap in plastic. Chill for an hour.
6. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thick. Use 2" tall gingerbread cutter to cut out the cookies.
7. Arrange them in circle, overlapping slightly. Brush between overlapping hands and feet with water. Gently press together.
8. Freeze for 15 minutes.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
10. Let cool completely before putting the ribbon through them.