hot chocolate for two...
makes 2 servings
- 2 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, Valrhona
- pinch of cayenne
1. Caramelized the sugar with the cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat, until the sugar is a deep amber color. Slowly whisk in milk.
2. When the mixture is smooth, whisk in the chocolate. Bring the mixture back to a simmer.
3. Remove from heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Add cayenne and whip the mixture with an immersion blender for a minute.
4. Serve immediately.