almond financier with blackberries...
makes 1 loaf pan
- 100 g almond meal
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 2 g baking powder
- 150 g egg whites
- 200 g salted butter
- 20 g amaretto (optional)
1. Make brown butter from 200 g. salted butter. Read how to make brown butter here. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Using paddle attachment, mix all dry ingredients together in a mixer on low speed for a minute.
3. Slowly mix in egg whites, then brown butter and amaretto.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan, top with some blackberries.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
8. Let cool in pan.
Note: cover the cake loosely with foil at the last 15 minutes if it starts to get too dark.