sticky rice mango...
It's has been raining on and off for a few days here. I can't really do anything, except cooking and baking. As you can see, I've been posting new recipes on my blog.
For this recipe, I'm using a steamer to cook the rice. If you have a rice cooker, follow this one. You can also turn this recipe into a pudding by adding more coconut milk in. I normally add one more cup. Photo below is a bowl of sticky rice pudding.
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup sticky rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Soak rice in cold water overnight.
2. Add enough water into a steamer pot and bring it to a boil.
3. Drain the rice. Transfer to a steamer basket. Cover with lid and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
4. In a medium pot, bring coconut milk, sugar and salt just to a boil. Set aside.
5. When the rice is done. Transfer the rice to coconut milk mixture. Mix throughly.
6. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Fold the bottom part up to the top, then let stand for 10 more minutes.
For coconut sauce:
Bring 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 tsp. corn starch and 1/4 tsp. salt to a boil.
1. Mold the sticky rice on the plate.
2. Spoon coconut sauce over, then mango.
3. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.