caramelia chocolate cremeux
I love chocolate cremeux, the dense creamy smooth texture is irresistible. I'd say chocolate cremeux is similar to chocolate pudding you buy in the grocery stores, but it is a lot better in taste and texture.
To make chocolate cremeux it's very easy. Start with creme anglaise, add chocolate and gelatin. Then you have it. You can either use white, milk or dark chocolate. It's totally your choice.
- 250 g half & half
- 50 g yolks
- 20 g sugar
- 125 g valrhona, caramelia
- 1.5 g gelatin, bloomed
1. Bring half & half to a simmer in a saucepan.
2. Whisk yolks and sugar to blend. Gradually whisk in hot cream. Return custard to saucepan.
3. Stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens, about 165 degrees.
4. Remove from heat and strain over chocolate. Let stand for a minute, then mix until chocolate has melted. Whisk in bloomed gelatin.
5. Pour into prepared cups. Refrigerate to set the cremeux.
More cremeux recipes:
Gianduja Chocolate Tart
Dark Chocolate Cremeux Cake