- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1. Sift powdered sugar into the mixer bowl. Add almond flour and butter, beat on low speed with the paddle attachment until smooth.
2. Add egg, continue beating until the egg is absorbed.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl. Beat until incorporated.
4. Flatten the dough into a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into 1/4" thick. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Using a 2" round cutter, cut the dough into circles. Place the circles onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
1. Using a paddle attachment, beat butter and powdered sugar on medium-low speed until smooth.
2. Add vanilla paste, continue beating for a minute.