Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
These cupcakes are super lemony, super moist and super tasty. You won't need a boxed cake because this recipe is so easy and everyone can make it. You'll get better flavor using fresh ingredients like fresh egg and fresh lemon.
Pink lemonade cupcakes are perfect for summer. I topped them with pink lemonade swiss meringue buttercream. You can also use lemon cream cheese frosting or lemon meringue frosting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with liners.
2. Place butter into a medium microwave-safe dish. Heat the butter for 15 seconds on high. If you still see solid butter, heat for an additional 15 seconds.
3. In order, whisk in lemon juice, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, zest and egg.
4. Sift all dry ingredients together, then whisk all dry into the batter. Add food coloring.
5. Divide the batter evenly among lined cups, fill about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes.