Gingerbread Man for Trick-or-Treat...
I know the best part of Halloween for kids is Trick-or-Treat. Me too, every year I try to create something good for kid to eat. Nothing wrong with a bit of candy, but too much candy is no good. This year I made this gingerbread man mummy cookie, wrapped in a thin white cloth made from fondant. I hope kids will like it.
Check out : Trick-or-Treat 2013
Check out : Trick-or-Treat 2012
makes 12 (6" gingerbread man)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup molasses
1. Sift all dry. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light.
3. Add egg and molasses, beat until combined.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients, beat until incorporated.
5. Wrap and refrigerate until firm.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thick. Use a gingerbread cutter to cut the cookies. Transfer to a baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies. They are done when they are firm.