Getting back from Europe was enjoyable, especially when my plan works out the way I wanted it. As I mentioned that I was doing a solo trip in England for the first time, it turned out to be interesting. Without any distraction, I became a better version of myself. I made decision faster and learned to rely on myself more. It was a great experience.
I was in England for 3 days as part of a 3-week trip to Europe. I spent 2 days in London and a full day trip to Bath and Stonehenge. The first thing I did when I arrived in London was having an afternoon tea before I went on a bike tour. Although it was my first time in London, I found that going around the city was very easy. Once I figured out the tube map and bought an oyster card, I was pretty much can roam around the city.
Spending a day in Bath and Stonehenge was amazing. I got to see the ancient Roman bath and discovered the iconic prehistoric stone formation of Stonehenge. The unique thing about this trip was I can get up close and personal with the stones. That was really awesome.
As always, these are some tips I want to share when traveling to London.
- Pack light.
- Always keep a light jacket and an umbrella in your bag.
- Buy an oyster card and navigating the Tube.
- Most hotel provide free wifi.
- Pret A Manger is your friend. This sandwich chain throughout London has free wifi, as well as yummy, cheap, on-the-go food and drink.
- Always carry 50 pence with you at all time for a public restroom.
- Be prepare for poor customer service because the customer is not always right.
- Look both ways when crossing the street. Traffic comes from the right.
- London is not cheap!
If you'd like to see more photos, click England2015.